[luci] luci Lua modules

Stephan Hennig sh-list at posteo.net
Fri Jan 15 18:13:03 CET 2016

Am 15.01.2016 um 09:00 schrieb Jo-Philipp Wich:

> Please refer to
> https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/openwrt/luci/blob/master/documentation/api/index.html
> for more up to date information.

Thanks!  That looks much more ... featureless.  I take that as
module luci.lucid is gone without a replacement.  Too bad.

I've read that OpenWrt's LuCI web interface will be replaced by a
non-Lua-based one in the future (LuCI2).  What does that mean for the
Lua scripting language in OpenWrt?  Is Lua low-level API support (luci,
nixio) fading out?  I mean, whatever (C coded) shell tools there are
(uci, iw etc.), for any task requiring more than a handful of code lines
shell is in no way a language competitive to Lua.  Any other scripting
language in sight that's worth the love of OpenWrt users?

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig