[luci] TLS support! Please add

Steven Barth steven at midlink.org
Mi Aug 20 11:29:57 CEST 2008

Hello again,

> 1) In mini version can't avalible TLS, why? I'll think it basikly auth
> like PSK! or not?
We believe its not an every-day feature because it includes the sue of
certificates.
Mini is designed for unexperienced users which we do not want to confuse with
too much features. Therefore we have LuCI Administration.

> 2) After adding certificates in full admin! interface goes down & don't
> want come back after rebooting :)
Sorry we could not test these features as we do not have such a setup.
Please check that LuCI has written
the /etc/config/wireless, /etc/config/network as you woudl have done
manually.

> 3) I'll think certificates will have possibility to be uploaded in
> staticly place! whenever where! Becouse it look like certificates will
> be place by SSH!? or, i think, it will be end user interface & SSH will
> be not needed!
Actually we do not support uploading the certificates via the WebUI directly.
You should upload them via SCP to a fixed localtion e.g. /etc/certs/ and then
fill in the appropriate fields in LuCI with the full paths of the files.

> 4) Certificates can be pkcs12 format or splited on user cert& private
> key! may be add addon section for opportunity add client certificate!
> e.g.
> for pkcs12 ex. -> user0001.p12
> for splited certs -> user0001.pem(certificat) & user0001.key(private
> key)
We have only implemented a frontend for the API that was given to us by
OpenWRT
(https://dev.openwrt.org/cgi-bin/trac.fcgi/browser/trunk/package/wpa_supplicant/files/wpa_supplicant.sh).

Greetings
Cyrus