[luci] OpenWrt remote configuration with Luci

Carlos Baiget carbaior at upv.es
Fri Oct 21 17:30:06 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I am thinking on the idea of running luci in my computer instead of in
the router, and have it making changes to the target OpenWrt system
remotely via ssh/sftp.
Login screen would have just another field to put the router ip address,
then username and password. The purpose is to run luci faster, and to
free up space in my slow and short of memory router.
My question is if this is possible without major modifications to luci code.
I've downloaded luci to try to build it in my computer (ubuntu), but I
need help on how to do it in this environment (libraries needed,
Makefile modifications, etc.)

Thanks for any observation,
Carlos