[luci] LuCI source moving to Github.

Jo-Philipp Wich xm at subsignal.org
Fri Oct 10 12:59:05 CEST 2014

Hi Erich.

>> What will happen to all the existing bug reports in trac then?

I'll try to import them all.

>> Well, that's what I call a step forward! Thank you! What I fear is,
>> that contributions will not always meet your expectations. And vice
>> versa. You may want to publish guidelines, too. Is there a defined
>> process for quality control and approval of fixes and
>> contributions?

I'll work out a document. The actual process of contributing to the
repo will closely follow the guidelines already laid out by
https://github.com/openwrt/packages/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md plus
some LuCI specifics (e.g. about translations).

>> But please let me make a wish: Communicate targets, efforts and
>> decisions of the OpenWRT and luci devs  more frequently.

LuCI has been in maintenance mode only for quite a while and I plan to
invest more time in the future again. A first step is/was getting rid of
the legacy project resources due to a lack of admin time.

>> Recent examples of quite surprising changes: json-style modeswitch
>> (LuCI does not address that at all, it can be quite difficult to
>> figure out how to get a 3G-dongle working now)

That happened without me knowing about it, I had no influence on this.
But since LuCI never directly targeted modeswitch its not really within
the project scope.

>> new OLSR codebase - partially incompatible LuCI config files
>> regarding OLSR plugins for IPv6 and IPv4.

That was done by the community people without any involvement of LuCI or
OpenWrt developers. It surprised me too but since I'm out of the
Freifunk loop for years now I couldn't really work on that. I think some
of the damage has been repaired by now.

~ Jow